In this hands-on workshop, you’ll learn the basics of home-made fermented vegetables with Fermentista Lia Chiasson. You’ll leave with your very own jar of kraut and a recipe booklet to get you started fermenting at home!
What you will learn:
- A brief history of fermentation and culturing
- Tips on fermentation vessels and storage
- The food safety of fermented foods
- The health benefits of a healthy intestinal flora, microorganisms and pre-digestion
- Learn about Sauerkraut and Lacto-Fermented Vegetables
Ferments are delicious and super-healthy! Learn more about their health-promoting properties and how to make these foods part of your daily diet. There will be plenty of taster samples included throughout the workshop.
Fermenting foods is a fun and simple process. It’s much more than just a way of preserving food: it’s a method of self-sufficiency, a crucial historical component to all agricultural movements, and utterly delicious.
Please bring a small cutting board, knife, and your favorite spices.