Come and explore the magic of growing your own food in the city. Urban Seedling will guide you through how to over come the obstacles to vegetable gardening in the city, and specifically in Montreal’s particular growing season. You will find out how to plan, plant and care for your home organic vegetable garden, whether you are gardening in your balcony in your backyard or even on your rooftop.
You will learn how to:
- Plan and build your vegetable garden
- Put together the perfect soil mix and learn all about soil fertility
- Plant seeds and transplant seedlings
- Maintain the garden throughout the season
- Master companion planting
- Balcony gardening solutions
- Natural, organic control pests and disease
At the end of the workshop, participants will receive their own organic vegetable seeds planted during the workshop and pertinent handouts. There will be seeds, soil, and vegetable gardening supplies available for purchase.
Urban Seedling is a Montreal-based company that helps people grow their own fresh food in the city. For the past 5 years, we’ve helped people across the city grow fresh vegetables, herbs, and fruit in backyards, front yards, balconies, and rooftops.