Fruit trees and berry patches grow famously in the city and make a delicious addition to any yard or green space. Learn how to choose the perfect variety for your yard, and how to plant and care for your backyard orchard.
Our facilitator is Tereska Gesing, co-founder of Urban Seedling and speaker. This workshop aims to give you tools to care for your fruit trees and the fruiting shrubs that you have or are planning to plant in your yard.
You will learn:
- Discover the best varieties of fruit trees and shrubs to grow
- Learn how to plant, prune and trim
- Know how to prepare and apply organic preventative and remedial treatment methods
- Discuss the importance of biodiversity
- Identify companion plants and flowers
- Explore appropriate ground covers.